1. Mix the warm water, sugar and yeast together and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
2. Finely dice and gently fry the onions.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, add the yeast-water mixture and fried onions and knead for approx. 5 minutes.
4. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 220 °C, shape the bread into a roll, twist it a little and score approx. 1 cm deep on the top.
6. Bake on the middle shelf for 25-30 minutes.
For a nice crust, brush the bread with water before baking and repeat the whole thing after 10 minutes in the oven
|600 ml||warm water|
|1/2 teaspoon||sugar or alternative (agave sugar, erythritol)|
|1 sachet||dry yeast|
|150 g||onions (fried)|
|150 g||Your Daily Protein Egg White Nature|
|100 g||low-fat quark (or plant-based alternative)|
|410 g||wholemeal spelt flour|
|1 teaspoon||guar flour|