New York Cheesecake – Winter Edition
1. Finely crumble the spekulatius. Divide the spekulatius crumbs, 120 g for the base and the rest for the cream.
2. Melt the butter, add the 120 g of spekulatius and mix together. Spread the mixture evenly in a 20-22 cm springform pan and press down firmly. Place the springform pan in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. Mix all the remaining ingredients together and stir to a smooth mixture. Then, put the mixture on the spekulatius base and smooth the surface.
4. Store the cake in the refrigerator overnight, if possible.
5. Carefully remove the cake from the mould the next day: ideally serve cold.
|For the base:|
|120 g||spiced spekulatius|
|For the cream:|
|Juice of half a lemon|
|250 g||light cream cheese (or plant-based alternative)|
|350 g||low-fat quark (or plant-based alternative)|
|100 g||Your Daily Protein Egg White Nature|
|90 g||icing sugar or alternative (agave sugar or erythritol)|
|80 g||spiced spekulatius|
|3 sachets||Gelatine Fix|